Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

4L60-E/4L65-E 4-speed medium-duty RWD

What the.... is this called ???

Used in GM trucks and rear-wheel-drive cars from 1992 onwards

Postby Swagelok » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:22 pm

Okay, I've been a mechanic since 1995 and whilst i'm no longer on the tools for a living i still like to get my hands dirty for projects i take on every now and again. I've never encountered a problem like the one i have for you today.... My current project is a 2009 VE Berlina SportsWagon. The transmission is buggered and i've bought another out of a wreck. The problem is the bell housing is different, an i've no idea what the bell housing bolts actually are, which leaves me at a loss removing them from the transmission itself so i can swap the bell housing over --- see image below ---

I even went to my local Holden dealer this morning and the mechanic i spoke with hadn't seen one like this before either.

Needless to say they didn't have a tool/socket/fitting of any kind to help me undo them.

Can anyone help me out with the name for this (e.g. starfish hex?) as well as a source for the tool to remove them all so i can swap the bell housings over?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Swagelok
Newbie Modder

Return to 4L60-E/4L65-E 4-speed medium-duty RWD

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts