Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

GM Technical Document Discussion

VE Radio / HVAC EEPROM reprogramming information

A place to discuss the technical documents for GM vehicles such as Holden, Chevrolet, Opel, Vauxhall, Buick, Cadilac and Daewoo
Forum rules
To gain access to the Invite Only forum you must be invited by a member of that forum. That member will PM the mods or admins (NOT you) saying that they nominate you for access. THEY will be responsible for your actions. If you don't post and just leech info, you will BOTH be removed. Dont send a PM to the moderators or admins asking for access, you really dont want to see the result. If you submit information, you may simply be invited :)

Postby 55chev » Wed May 08, 2019 5:25 pm

v could anyone post a bin file for the series 2 caprice IQ2 24c64 . my eprom is stuffed so i want to replace it with a new chip.
55chev
Newbie Modder

Postby EddieSSkash » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:15 am

Same fuse box as in the ICE Focus probably the same fuse to reset the radio as well.

Ive had that issue with the older MyFordTouch software before on my ICE Focus.
EddieSSkash
Starting Ignition

Postby CommodoreNut » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:26 pm

91C02920 wrote:I have an IQ unit from a US Caprice (in a Caprice) and I was able to unlock the Driving Lockouts for Phone and Navigation by programing it with GM SPS and using a vin from a Brazilian Chevy Omega, apparently they are not locked out in Brazil, and then after it was programed, changing the vin on the eprom to my vin. (note: of course I don't have nav, but the driving lockout is select-able for it).

Is there a region where DVD isn't locked out from the factory and I could use the same method to program with a vin from that region to unlock that also?

Very interesting, might have to find a brazilian VIN number and give it a try, Where did you find a brazilian VIN ?
CommodoreNut
Starting Ignition

Postby ewhite32 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:03 pm

Hi all,

I just wanted to register and thank you all for your hard earned research on what I think is the over-engineered VE audio HVAC twaddle.

I;m a 50+ yr old female registered nurse and you have helped me on a couple of occasions with my son's Holden Commodore 2006 Omega.. one when the HCM or HVAC module shat itself and now that his aux port on the original audio has shat itself.

I fixed the HCM one no probs and am currently trying to fix his audio one. I tried to buy a standard Omega stereo from the wreckers but didn;t realise they had put coding in the EEPROM in the fascia.. as I was planning on just swapping the fascia out but, of course now I know that doesn;t work.

So I;m planning on getting a VE Calais unit and putting the VIN into the head unit. I have bought an eeprom programmer on ebay that apparently works with 24Cxxx eeproms. (EZP2010 including a SOIC/SOp 8 clip thingy). I;m not a complete douche as I have a background in IT.

Just wanted to:

1. Thank all the contributors esp. that freaky Zero dude and..
2. just make sure if anyone can let me know that the VE Calais Series 1 unit will fit the Series 1 Omega space.. I know I need a different HCM/HVAC module to cope with the dual zone thingy. (I have one of these already)
3. I don;t know.. just a huge kudos to you guys for all your hard work and hopefully help me get a solution for my son that isn't too expensive.

If I;ve got anything wrong or if you think I;d just be better off getting a wreckers original VE Omega Audio for whatever reason please let me know..

Thank you all again

Ellie
ewhite32
Newbie Modder

Postby ewhite32 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:09 pm

I should add that i screwed up the replacement audio fascia.. doh ! You live and learn I guess. I had no idea they would security link it to the head unit.. what a bunch of party poopers. Anyway, I screwed it up trying to solder the 3.5" socket from one to the other and destroyed everything because my soldering skills suck big time.
ewhite32
Newbie Modder

Previous

Return to GM Technical Document Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts