Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

GM Technical Document Discussion

VE Radio / HVAC EEPROM reprogramming information

A place to discuss the technical documents for GM vehicles such as Holden, Chevrolet, Opel, Vauxhall, Buick, Cadilac and Daewoo
Forum rules
To gain access to the Invite Only forum you must be invited by a member of that forum. That member will PM the mods or admins (NOT you) saying that they nominate you for access. THEY will be responsible for your actions. If you don't post and just leech info, you will BOTH be removed. Dont send a PM to the moderators or admins asking for access, you really dont want to see the result. If you submit information, you may simply be invited :)

Postby MartinM » Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:18 am

@gruntley69

I just read your post and things may have changed now, but back in the early days of the LCD screen upgrade, the following things were required:

1. LCD Headunit with the correct VIN Number coded in to match the target vehicle
2. Fascia plate for the headunit with correct key (by key, i mean there are some bytes in the HU and fascia eeproms which must match up, if its the original fascia they should work together, from memory the vehicle security message was displayed if either the vin or fascia keys were mismatched.
3. For the LCD headunit heater controls to work you must use a DZ HVAC not an SZ (unless things have changed now)
4. To get rid of the error codes you either purchase and add the sensors and wiring or add four resistors in their place to make the HCM believe they are attached. I still have that info if you need it.

I am assuming you are doing a series 1 "ssv" type upgrade rather than the full series 2 IQ retrofit to which none of the above may apply. cheers
MartinM

Postby torquative » Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:40 am

Thanks all

Yea I'm trying to do a genuine DZ conversion. Before the VE I had a WK Statesman which the girlfriend loved because she prefers the heat so would have her side set to 26ish while me as the driver prefers ice cold so would have it set to C (16). I was over the moon when I found out I could do this conversion.

I'll have another good look today, but I'm certain irrespective of colour there is no star drive on it.
torquative
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:42 am

:lol: Good point doubledip + torquative, my mrs also complains if its too cold.. and ramps up the heat. I guess Iv learnt the old saying "happy wife, happy life" :D
TazzI

Postby torquative » Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:28 am

Spot on ! Their fussy people !!

Everything is in and working. Only problem I seem to be facing is the outside temperature is jammed.
I have adjusted it via tech 2 ... For instance OS temp reading is 34 so I adjust the OS temp (display) to 34 ... But then it gets stuck on this reading if the OS temp goes up the display stays on 34

What am I doing wrong ? I can get an outside temp via tech 2 that adjusts accordingly but for some reason the display isn't ??
Very confused

Also thanks everyone for your awesome support.
torquative
Starting Ignition

Postby torquative » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:54 pm

All good disregard

Went for a drive and noticed the temp start to change. It seems to be about right.

Only issue I have is that the auto temp isn't working too well which I think is because the internal temp sensor doesn't have the tube connected to the heater box to suck air past the sensor.

Just wondering if I should consider drilling a hole into the side of the heaterbox roughly where the photo in the guide shows and glueing the tube to it ? Otherwise everything else seems to be working perfect (apart from the whole dual zone thing)
torquative
Starting Ignition

Postby doubledip » Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:15 pm

I drilled mine out... the slotted it... then the factory pieces fit perfect
doubledip

Postby torquative » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:06 am

Hi all

hoping someone can help.
Yesterday I pulled an eeprom read from a mates 2010 SS-V (series 1)

Changed the startup logo at 001C to a "06" for the Pontiac logo and changed some values at 05ED and 05EE (not sure if I'm allowed to post what this change is for, but Im sure some of you will know what it does)

Anyway the logo and that other change worked - in fact everything works great, except AM/FM radio which has NO sound at all. CD and Rear AUX work (car has RSE) I wrote to it a couple of times without luck.

I then grabbed some bins you guys have uploaded here in the hope it was just a dodgy read, I then updated the facia and VIN and put them into the radio - no luck, for some reason the welcome image wouldn't show and the FM freqs were all 123.3 or something like that. I tried this for a couple of BINS from this post oddly all with the same problem.

So I ended up putting the attached bin back on so at least he can use his CD and AUX until I nut it out.

Can someone please review and suggest where I may have gone wrong? Why do I not hear anything from the radio stations? Does it have something to do with the changes at 05ED and EE or has it pulled a dodgy read and stuffed something up?

And before its mentioned unfortunately no, I didn't save a backup. I thought I had but then realised I wrote over it by mistake.

Cheers

Matt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
torquative
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:38 pm

Sounds like the S1 unit isnt a happy camper! :?

Tried putting the original bin back into it?
TazzI

Postby torquative » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:29 pm

Tried putting the original bin back into it?

And before its mentioned unfortunately no, I didn't save a backup. I thought I had but then realised I wrote over it by mistake

My stupid fault but I DONT have an original to put back into it
torquative
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:54 pm

torquative wrote:My stupid fault but I DONT have an original to put back into it

Missed that part :lol:
But should never be editing anything ever without saving a backup. First thing I do for absolutely anything I tinker with even if I do it over the comms line since its the sure way to revert it back to its stock settings.

If you have tried other bins and still showing same symptoms even after validating then not sure. Iv never come across that issue before?? :?
TazzI

PreviousNext

Return to GM Technical Document Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts