Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

GM Technical Document Discussion

VE Radio / HVAC EEPROM reprogramming information

A place to discuss the technical documents for GM vehicles such as Holden, Chevrolet, Opel, Vauxhall, Buick, Cadilac and Daewoo
Forum rules
To gain access to the Invite Only forum you must be invited by a member of that forum. That member will PM the mods or admins (NOT you) saying that they nominate you for access. THEY will be responsible for your actions. If you don't post and just leech info, you will BOTH be removed. Dont send a PM to the moderators or admins asking for access, you really dont want to see the result. If you submit information, you may simply be invited :)

Postby gruntly69 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:37 am

Just in case anyone wants to look to compare radio files attached is the read off this troublesome vehicle!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gruntly69
Contributor

Postby gruntly69 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:05 am

gruntly69 wrote:O.k. so attached is the eeprom read for the 2007 SZ HVAC unit fitted to this car & if anyone can confirm it is a single zone file that would be great as the heater controls still don't work, but it is coming up with passenger compartment temp circuit, outside temp sensor circuit & both left/right solar sensor circuit faults.
So with those faults it leads me to believe it may be a non SZ file on eeprom.

Also don't have radio working but checked eeprom on it & the VIN does match the BCM VIN so not sure why it's not working been told if the fascia has been changed it may need to be married to it, does anyone have a process on doing that as my snap-on scan tool doesn't give me it as an option.

I've been told at location 30 if it's 0302 it's dual zone if it's 0301 it's single zone, so that file is definitely a DZ so does anyone out there have a Single zone file they can share?
gruntly69
Contributor

Postby torquative » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:53 pm

Hey guys and girls

Just wondering if someone in Sydney would be interested in programming a HCM (possibly 2 if the price is right)

I have one modded with resistors that I was hoping to use temporarily with the LCD screen until money permits to buy all the sensors and do it properly, in which case I was then hoping to put my second one into the car less resistors.

The head unit is all programmed ready to go. Just need the HCM changed from single to dual and my eeprom reader just isn't reading the chip

If anyone's up for making a quick buck or 2 prior to Xmas let me know your price.

Cheers

Matt
torquative
Starting Ignition

Postby harpreetmalhi » Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:16 pm

hi people can anybody help me with facia eeprom reading bcoz i lost my reading and without that my radio not gonna work thanx
harpreetmalhi
Kicking Tyres

Postby harpreetmalhi » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:32 pm

hi everyone jus wanna thanx to all about that information
i worked out vim
put new radio in my car with dual zone system in it
beautiful
harpreetmalhi
Kicking Tyres

Postby harpreetmalhi » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:34 pm

u have to take ur eeprom out from ur board then try
it will work st away
harpreetmalhi
Kicking Tyres

Postby harpreetmalhi » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:37 pm

sz bin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
harpreetmalhi
Kicking Tyres

Postby gruntly69 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:50 am

there's something wrong with that read @ location 30 it should read 30 01 not 01 30 like it is but other parts of the file don't look to have byte swapped so not sure whats going on there?
gruntly69
Contributor

Postby agent534 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:17 am

I opened up a Caprice PPV IQ unit. Here is a pic of the board. The circled part is S29GL128n flash memory. Is this where the WinCE image is stored & if so has anyone pulled an image from it? I don't think it would be fun to pull a 56 pin chip to put it in a reader though.
agent534
Newbie Modder

Postby harpreetmalhi » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:13 pm

gruntly if u have a converted file of sz to dz , can u plz upload Bcoz I did not get luck to convert my sz to dual zone
Thanx mate
harpreetmalhi
Kicking Tyres

PreviousNext

Return to GM Technical Document Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts