Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

GM Technical Document Discussion

GM ALDL Logging and Scanning

A place to discuss the technical documents for GM vehicles such as Holden, Chevrolet, Opel, Vauxhall, Buick, Cadilac and Daewoo
Forum rules
To gain access to the Invite Only forum you must be invited by a member of that forum. That member will PM the mods or admins (NOT you) saying that they nominate you for access. THEY will be responsible for your actions. If you don't post and just leech info, you will BOTH be removed. Dont send a PM to the moderators or admins asking for access, you really dont want to see the result. If you submit information, you may simply be invited :)

Postby gruntly69 » Thu May 24, 2012 3:46 pm

Nah no checksum needed in tp5, there's a box thats ticked for 2's complimented for checksum what ever that does must fix it when sending the command!

With tuning the VY, you need to know what calibration it is & then use the correct XDF & can tune anything from trans pressure's timing's, eng rpm limit, timing, AFR list goes on & depends on what has been added to the XDF, but really think you need a new thread for that!

My best guess is you calibration will be 92118883 which I think is $06b!

Need to start getting a list of commands & devices & the likes for this thread though!
gruntly69
Contributor

Postby jezzab » Thu May 24, 2012 6:47 pm

I tuned plenty of VYs etc (about 600 VN-VE S2s). Just get a handle on what the software is doing and get a wideband if you are playing with spark and fuel and baby steps
Daily Ute - 2009 Holden VE SSV Ute Single Turbo (IQ, E3 Cluster, EDI) - 586rwhp
Drag Ute - 2002 Holden VU SS Twin Turbo - 1010rwhp [SOLD]

All VE/VF Module reprogramming. Remote programming with flash box
http://www.facebook.com/jsbperformance
jezzab
Site Admin

Postby TazzI » Thu May 24, 2012 7:30 pm

Oh, yeah, if you tick the '2's complement', that automatically does the checksum for you.

Ah thats right, delco has alot of xdf/xdl files for tuning cars, so that means specific commands/ids must be sent to the car to alter these parameters.. I think ill get the seial port sniffer out and log the commands that tp5 sends. Should be able to add few more ids/messages to the list.

wow. fair few tunes you've done jez! Yeah little steps are definitely the way to go.. still need to read some more to understand whats changing/going on before changing anything.
TazzI

Postby jezzab » Thu May 24, 2012 7:35 pm

TazzI wrote:Oh, yeah, if you tick the '2's complement', that automatically does the checksum for you.

Ah thats right, delco has alot of xdf/xdl files for tuning cars, so that means specific commands/ids must be sent to the car to alter these parameters.. I think ill get the seial port sniffer out and log the commands that tp5 sends. Should be able to add few more ids/messages to the list.

wow. fair few tunes you've done jez! Yeah little steps are definitely the way to go.. still need to read some more to understand whats changing/going on before changing anything.

Yeah a couple lmao and about 4000 dyno runs. Ive being doing it for the last 7 years, its my job ;)
Daily Ute - 2009 Holden VE SSV Ute Single Turbo (IQ, E3 Cluster, EDI) - 586rwhp
Drag Ute - 2002 Holden VU SS Twin Turbo - 1010rwhp [SOLD]

All VE/VF Module reprogramming. Remote programming with flash box
http://www.facebook.com/jsbperformance
jezzab
Site Admin

Postby T2000 » Thu May 24, 2012 9:17 pm

Hey guys.

Just a quick vote for TP5 as a better option over EFILIVE4.

Have successfully tuned a few Delco ECMs now in a few different GM models.

I'd like to offer http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/forum.php as another great resource for ALDL, TP5 & Moates info.

Checksums? LOL my brain hurts just thinking about it. If I get stuck I'll have to hit someone up for some help.
I always rely on TP5 to generate the checksums automatically.

The OSE Enhanced Flash Tool that is avail over at Delcohacking is great... but the process of actually calculating and updating the checksum in the PCM is a pain in the arse on the flash based models. (needs to do a full flash and get to the end of the process to calculate the checksum, then go through the whole process again to update the checksum)

If anyone needs any practical advice re ALDL based vehicle tuning then I will do my best to help.

Cheers, Chris
T2000
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Thu May 24, 2012 10:17 pm

Welcome Chris!

The more the merrier!

Auto calc for the checksum is a shitload quicker! as iv just learnt tonight! not hard to calculate..just time consuming.

Will take your word on that with tp5, will use that from now on.

And Grunt, your probably right on a 'new thread' for tuning, will see if it goes any further, at the moment im just going to log the commands TP sends to the car... Although, ill need to learn how to get my 'calibrations' then just send commands without it plugged into the car... as I dont know much about tuning...yet :)

For now.. its beer oclock and continuing with the programming.
TazzI

Postby gruntly69 » Fri May 25, 2012 10:38 am

Lol beer o'clock, I need to cut down that time, so my belly & the mrs says!

Yeah Jezza's the man when coming to tuning numerous models & types, have you a web link?

Chris with ose flash & having to reflash after checksum correction yeah it is a pain & VL400 said he was going to add a check before write to fix this, did you want to nudge the thread on DH forum?

I'm hoping to have a moded realtime PCM soon to use with ostrich, so can bring on realtime dyno tune!
gruntly69
Contributor

Postby TazzI » Fri May 25, 2012 11:07 am

Give the thread a nudge.. I would if I knew which one it was.
Just beginning to go through the 'Basic of tuning' in the tuning threads.

On a random note, I was thinking that a tech 2 simply sends commands to do specific tasks (Obviously), one such as changing the odometer if the kilometers are under 100,000. Although I think it cant change them once its over that value as that is a tech2 software restriction. Logging the command would then let anyone alter the odo through the computer to any value :o

I also stumbled across 'tech2win'... handy little tech2 emulation program, and this morning came across the holden tech2 cartridge to go along with it :D Im assuming I can make it send the commands through the serial port without anything plugged in.

Will let you know how it all goes :)
TazzI

Postby gruntly69 » Fri May 25, 2012 11:44 am

This would be the thread;
http://www.delcohacking.net/forums/view ... &start=140

I wasn't sure if the tech2 couldn't do it if over 100Kms or 100,000Kms?

But yeah tech2 would be great if it all works well, I've also heard there's a program called instool or something like it to program GM stuff but the computer that runs it has to be very slow & dos I think?
gruntly69
Contributor

Postby T2000 » Fri May 25, 2012 12:49 pm

TazzI wrote:Give the thread a nudge.. I would if I knew which one it was.

gruntly69 wrote:This would be the thread;
http://www.delcohacking.net/forums/view ... &start=140

Thread bumped :)

gruntly69 wrote:I'm hoping to have a moded realtime PCM soon to use with ostrich, so can bring on realtime dyno tune!

Which PCM & XDF combo are you looking to use?
I currently have a pretty well sorted ADX which helps me dial in a VE in Realtime pretty quickly using the Moates APU1. Pretty sure Ostrich & APU1 are similar enough that it will work well for you too.
I'm using a modified '808 ECM with an SXR high speed comms board so that I can get 8k ALDL. For most tunes I like to use $12 OSE works well for me.

TazzI wrote:On a random note, I was thinking that a tech 2 simply sends commands to do specific tasks (Obviously), one such as changing the odometer if the kilometers are under 100,000. Although I think it cant change them once its over that value as that is a tech2 software restriction. Logging the command would then let anyone alter the odo through the computer to any value :o

I also stumbled across 'tech2win'... handy little tech2 emulation program, and this morning came across the holden tech2 cartridge to go along with it :D Im assuming I can make it send the commands through the serial port without anything plugged in.

Will let you know how it all goes :)

Now this sounds like a good project ;)
T2000
Starting Ignition

PreviousNext

Return to GM Technical Document Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts