Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

GM Technical Document Discussion

GM ALDL Logging and Scanning

A place to discuss the technical documents for GM vehicles such as Holden, Chevrolet, Opel, Vauxhall, Buick, Cadilac and Daewoo
Forum rules
To gain access to the Invite Only forum you must be invited by a member of that forum. That member will PM the mods or admins (NOT you) saying that they nominate you for access. THEY will be responsible for your actions. If you don't post and just leech info, you will BOTH be removed. Dont send a PM to the moderators or admins asking for access, you really dont want to see the result. If you submit information, you may simply be invited :)

Postby gruntly69 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:58 pm

NICE TAZZ!

that all seems really cool, I'd love to know how it knows where to send the data!

Yeah looking through those logs it is a pain but basically if you look for data with same start figure thats where it handshakes I think & then next is send command to that same device?

Strange thing though was I couldn't find where the command was sent to air bag?

but looks like devices from what I could see was;
BCM F1
Eng & trans both F7
Audio EB
Climate Control EA

& as I said I could find where the command was sent in air bag log & could send the command to instruments too but we know thats F2 from your work!
gruntly69
Contributor

Postby TazzI » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:13 pm

Yeah logging with the cluster out of the car is MUCH easier. Dont have to sift through car chatter.

As for the "handshake/commands", Going through the airbag reset one. And Used word to get rid of anything that occurs >=3times.

Well give a few commands and see what happens. :)
TazzI

Postby gruntly69 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:58 pm

That's pretty cool is it an auto function of word?
Would make it a lot easier to sift!

Yeah try sending commands, can you just straight send command or does it need to handshake first?
gruntly69
Contributor

Postby gruntly69 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:27 pm

Hey Tazz, if you want me to send any other custom commands through from my scantool & listen let me know as I might be selling the car soon!
gruntly69
Contributor

Postby TazzI » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:40 pm

Sorry meant to say I do the filter in Excel!

Alright, Will need to think what else to try. You logged the basic commands that I was thinking of (Cheers). Only other one I can think of at the moment is possibly trying to send a custom odo reading through (cluster would have to be at zero) but Im not sure if your scan tool will be able do that and I was reading that tech2's require TIS authorization to change them?. Don't bother if its too much effort!

Anychance there is a stock stereo pincode retrieval function on the scan tool? alot of people would love to have that

Other then that I can't think of anything vital at the moment!
TazzI

Postby jezzab » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:42 pm

Some thing to log from a scan tool:

Relink BCM/PCM/PIM (VATS Relearn)
Read radio code
Read BCM security code
Change VIN
Change dash for auto to manual
Daily Ute - 2009 Holden VE SSV Ute Single Turbo (IQ, E3 Cluster, EDI) - 586rwhp
Drag Ute - 2002 Holden VU SS Twin Turbo - 1010rwhp [SOLD]

All VE/VF Module reprogramming. Remote programming with flash box
http://www.facebook.com/jsbperformance
jezzab
Site Admin

Postby gruntly69 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:54 pm

Oh cool, yeah I need to learn a lot of functions in excel, I know it's capable of a lot more than I use in it!

yeah I think there is a radio code retrevial, not sure how much it's needed on VY & beyond though as I thought it more looks for vin?
With odo change, i'm 99.9% sure snap=on scan tool doesn't do it, but i'll look!

Jezzab, vat re-learn isn't that simple from VX on you need the bcm code to get it to relink & I've tried 3 cars & the bcm code given on the GM card or that GM have in there data base doesn't work, but i'll try with my car!
so same as looking for BCM code, but don't think snap-on will do it as I think they class it as too secure?
& I'll check on the vin change & auto to manual dash change but not confident!

I need to learn more about the commands you sent too Tazz as what you colored wasn't what it showed you sent & would love to know how it knows where to put each sent byte!
gruntly69
Contributor

Postby TazzI » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:48 pm

gruntly69 wrote:Oh cool, yeah I need to learn a lot of functions in excel, I know it's capable of a lot more than I use in it!

Yeah, had a whole uni unit with excel a while back. Sort of useful but irrelevant to my course.

gruntly69 wrote:I need to learn more about the commands you sent too Tazz as what you colored wasn't what it showed you sent & would love to know how it knows where to put each sent byte!

Oh.. that was a different command I sent that was colored in to the other commands I posted up!. Its still the "table 9" (HSV table) command but that was the one I sent to my car (without the program)
The commands beforehand where just a list of "reads"(first command) and default "writes"(Second command). I then broke down what was what by individual writes and just coloured in the one I sent to my car. :D

The command im working on at the moment is the "set data" table which crashes on everything I own.. will not read or write in my car!, wont read even when just connected to the cluster so bit of a dodgy program there.. but the command works when sent manually.

Yeah Im interested in any of those mentioned by Jezza

I know that the radio pin can be calculated by the radios serial number on the top of it (got it from an online source when I lost mine). Nice to see what the scan tool sends and what is sent back.
TazzI

Postby jezzab » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:11 pm

TazzI wrote:
gruntly69 wrote:Oh cool, yeah I need to learn a lot of functions in excel, I know it's capable of a lot more than I use in it!

Yeah, had a whole uni unit with excel a while back. Sort of useful but irrelevant to my course.

gruntly69 wrote:I need to learn more about the commands you sent too Tazz as what you colored wasn't what it showed you sent & would love to know how it knows where to put each sent byte!

Oh.. that was a different command I sent that was colored in to the other commands I posted up!. Its still the "table 9" (HSV table) command but that was the one I sent to my car (without the program)
The commands beforehand where just a list of "reads"(first command) and default "writes"(Second command). I then broke down what was what by individual writes and just coloured in the one I sent to my car. :D

The command im working on at the moment is the "set data" table which crashes on everything I own.. will not read or write in my car!, wont read even when just connected to the cluster so bit of a dodgy program there.. but the command works when sent manually.

Yeah Im interested in any of those mentioned by Jezza

I know that the radio pin can be calculated by the radios serial number on the top of it (got it from an online source when I lost mine). Nice to see what the scan tool sends and what is sent back.

I have two Snapon scan tool and they will read BCM security code and radio pin. Plus relink. It asks for the security code but if you go to read the code you can find it. Or read it off the card.

Yours a Modus or Solaris? Either will work

Also, log it while making a copy of a key fob ;)
Daily Ute - 2009 Holden VE SSV Ute Single Turbo (IQ, E3 Cluster, EDI) - 586rwhp
Drag Ute - 2002 Holden VU SS Twin Turbo - 1010rwhp [SOLD]

All VE/VF Module reprogramming. Remote programming with flash box
http://www.facebook.com/jsbperformance
jezzab
Site Admin

Postby Biggsy » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:58 pm

Hi, Ive had some time today to log a couple of things in the vx
It was a security request from the BCM and it tells you the radio pin, mechanical key number and glovebox key number.
I changed a couple of the numbers to make tracing back easier.
Ill do the same in my VY when I get home.
I tried the command through flashtool on the laptop and it works!
I've come to realize that everything electronic runs on smoke, you let too much of it out and the electronics stop working!
Biggsy
Starting Ignition

PreviousNext

Return to GM Technical Document Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts