Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

GM Technical Document Discussion

EEPROM Programming for Beginners

A place to discuss the technical documents for GM vehicles such as Holden, Chevrolet, Opel, Vauxhall, Buick, Cadilac and Daewoo
Forum rules
To gain access to the Invite Only forum you must be invited by a member of that forum. That member will PM the mods or admins (NOT you) saying that they nominate you for access. THEY will be responsible for your actions. If you don't post and just leech info, you will BOTH be removed. Dont send a PM to the moderators or admins asking for access, you really dont want to see the result. If you submit information, you may simply be invited :)

Postby ZerOne » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:55 pm

The following forum thread is for discussing the EEPROM Programming for Beginners, located in our Documents section.

Please try to keep posts relevant, and on topic.
Also, please refrain from using the P.M. system to message the author or posters of this thread.
The chances are if you have a question regarding this document, then others will have the same question too.
Using the Forum allows anyone and everyone to both ask and answer questions.

Cheers
Matti
ZerOne
Site Admin

Postby CR1 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:27 pm

Hi,

I was wondering does anybody know where I can get the ribbon lead that goes from the 3M Test clip to the Programmer?

I ordered the 3m Test clip from the link in the write up (element14) but it doesn't come with the cable. I have found a test clip + cable on Ebay in the UK but since I now already have a cable I really don't want 2 3M test clips etc if I can help it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
CR1
Newbie Modder

Postby gruntly69 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:22 pm

Honestly for $6 inc. shipping you may as well just buy the 1 off the link & the 3m clips wear out so not going to hurt having 2!
gruntly69
Contributor

Postby gruntly69 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:56 am

EDIT:

Sorry looks like I was looking at the wrong thing, but this is where I bought mine & maybe ask them where to get the cable by itself...

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3M-SOIC-SOP- ... 1c1a7a2d9d

But there selling it with the cable for similar price to what a lot of others are selling it as just the clip!
gruntly69
Contributor

Postby CR1 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:42 pm

Thanks for the reply.
I was going to buy that one off eBay if I didn't get a reply so I will buy it now and yes I was thinking maybe it would be a good idea to have a spare test clip although I doubt I'll use it that much etc.

Looking forward to playing around with a cluster and E3 radio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CR1
Newbie Modder

Postby Morris70 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:46 am

The Keeprog turned out to be a waste of money - it took a month to arrive, and won't work with the headunit or 24c04 cluster eeproms.
Besides which, the software for it sucks !

In the end I built a couple of Ponyprog compatible serial programmers out of stuff I had lying around.
One is Max232 based and suits the Headunit and Cluster eeproms (I2C), and the other uses zeners and suits the HCM (microwire)
The Max232 inverts it's outputs, so the polarity of the control lines needs to be inverted in Ponyprog for it to work properly
20121220_193908.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Morris70
Contributor

Postby TazzI » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:58 pm

Doesnt seem like zerone or anyone else had troubles with keeprog?
TazzI

Postby Morris70 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:34 pm

The Keeprog works, but only with the HCM eeprom - The 24c16 headunit and 24c04 cluster eeproms aren't on the list of supported devices, and didn't seem to read properly
Morris70
Contributor

Postby IL1CIT » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:03 am

Been trying too figure out my GQ 4X today, lastnight i posted up some bins from 2 vy clusters, one that i have since found too be a bad read,

Now today the programmer isn't reading, its either reading and picking up nothing, freezing or doing nothing on the reading screen,

Any ideas anyone or is the programer a dud? :(

Tom
IL1CIT
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:14 pm

Are you sure you have it connected up right?

Are you desoldering the eeprom or using a clip?

If its facing the wrong way round then it either doesnt read anything or displays blanks!
TazzI

Next

Return to GM Technical Document Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts