Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

GM Technical Document Discussion

PUBLIC: Holden VY/VZ Instrument Cluster EEPROM Programming

A place to discuss the technical documents for GM vehicles such as Holden, Chevrolet, Opel, Vauxhall, Buick, Cadilac and Daewoo
Forum rules
To gain access to the Invite Only forum you must be invited by a member of that forum. That member will PM the mods or admins (NOT you) saying that they nominate you for access. THEY will be responsible for your actions. If you don't post and just leech info, you will BOTH be removed. Dont send a PM to the moderators or admins asking for access, you really dont want to see the result. If you submit information, you may simply be invited :)

Postby sdh » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:23 pm

Heres a BIN for my wifes WL Caprice. V6 Auto. 236,342km
The BCM, ECU, Cluster all have a fluorescent green sticker that says "Pilot Vehicle" and some hand filled out info. We're the second owner and it didn't come from anyone special so I don't think there is anything particularly different about the car.
I have a V8 version myself. Both cars are coming up with the Service Vehicle Soon reminder in the V6 and slightly different words but the same sort of thing in the V8. Both have been serviced regularly and the typical Service reminders reset but I'm still getting these messages at startup. In the typical service reset section, it says there is nothing to acknowledge. The error doesn't mention the specific km's. Hopefully another VZ owner has solved this without having to go back to the dealer.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sdh
Newbie Modder

Postby sdh » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:26 pm

CommodoreNut wrote: Does anybody have any bin files to suit a VY Monaro clusters, I think it is a series 2 or 3.

Someone posted a VY Senator auto bin. You could try that. What happened to the original?
sdh
Newbie Modder

Postby Strife » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:27 pm

I have a VZ Clubsport and want to install a S1 Sequential Shift kit. The shift kit has a sensor which registers gear selection. Is it possible to display the gear selection on the LCD screen in the instrument panel. I would also like to change the traction control swictch to one of the paddle switches on the steering wheel to allow selection during a run - is that possible?
Strife
Newbie Modder

Postby oldn64 » Mon May 28, 2018 11:42 am

TazzI wrote:The gear indicator does work on manuals, just displays the current gear on the LCD when changing.

Not often you'd need two trip computers but still good.

Hello All,

Been reading for ages and used to do dash design stuff when I was in Melbourne. Now that I have returned to Australia and am well enough to work on vehicles again I am hoping to embark on a project.

Tazzi I am interested to know more about this. I am gathering this is only a VZ cluster feature? How does it know which gear the vehicle is in? (manual obviously) I am looking to put a ecotec into a jap truck and will require to change the instrument panel to a commodore dash. I will probably be cutting it up to fit it the why I need, but at this stage I have not decided which dash I will be going with. As it has been ages since I played with this stuff (VS and VT days) I have forgotten more than I can remember. Would love to use the VE dash but I am not confident that this will talk with a VY ECU as I am not sure the comms channels are compatible.

Cheers
oldn64
oldn64
Newbie Modder

Previous

Return to GM Technical Document Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts