Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

GM Technical Document Discussion

PUBLIC: Holden VY/VZ Instrument Cluster EEPROM Programming

A place to discuss the technical documents for GM vehicles such as Holden, Chevrolet, Opel, Vauxhall, Buick, Cadilac and Daewoo
Forum rules
To gain access to the Invite Only forum you must be invited by a member of that forum. That member will PM the mods or admins (NOT you) saying that they nominate you for access. THEY will be responsible for your actions. If you don't post and just leech info, you will BOTH be removed. Dont send a PM to the moderators or admins asking for access, you really dont want to see the result. If you submit information, you may simply be invited :)

Postby TazzI » Fri May 03, 2013 2:12 pm

Welcome to the VY/VZ Instrument cluster hacking extravaganza!

This thread will contain information on the VY/VZ cluster eeproms, and is intended for modifying the eeprom settings so the cluster can be reconfigured for another car.

I should note that there is a "invite only" section that contains more information about the VY/VZ cluster eeproms and such. Share what you learn and post up dumps of clusters you get, and you'll more then likely get an invite into this section!

*WARNING*
I DO NOT want to see people requesting cluster odos to be edited,changed or anything alike. Any posts requesting info or changes will see the ban hammer swinging there way!
TazzI

Postby TazzI » Fri May 03, 2013 4:12 pm

Attached are some vy/vz eeprom locations. Airbags, transmittion, ect.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TazzI

Postby Fez01 » Sat May 04, 2013 8:54 am

Hey mate im trying to get a dump off a cluster, and will share once I get, however is there a program that can read write the eeprom straight from modules over the aldl/obd2. This would save me having to remove the chip ect.
Fez01
Newbie Modder

Postby TazzI » Sat May 04, 2013 5:50 pm

Fez01 wrote:Hey mate im trying to get a dump off a cluster, and will share once I get, however is there a program that can read write the eeprom straight from modules over the aldl/obd2. This would save me having to remove the chip ect.

All modules can be read and edited over the comms, just a matter of understanding the messages and breaking them down. Pretty much do what a scan tool does, but can do it all without all the restrictions if you know what your doing.

If looking to do things over the comms, ull need to buy a cable to hook up to the computer to start communicating.

But lets keep the thread on track with eeprom programming, theres a whole thread for ALDL programming in the Holden technical section
TazzI

Postby riddler2608 » Tue May 07, 2013 6:46 pm

Hi guys
iv just started playing around with the vz clusters and thought I would put up a hex dunp of a level 2 cluster for you all to to look at and cross reference with the others that are about. I'm a bit a newbie so iv set up a bit of a bench test rig so I can get a idea of what its all doing .hope this helps.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
riddler2608
Starting Ignition

Postby Cobalt » Tue May 07, 2013 9:52 pm

Just add to the mix.....

Manual VY Series 2 Clubsport 0klms
Auto VY Series 1 Senator 0Klms
Cobalt
Kicking Tyres

Postby TazzI » Tue May 07, 2013 11:02 pm

Nice work guys,

Good comparison between VY S1 and S2 clusters there.
TazzI

Postby riddler2608 » Fri May 10, 2013 5:16 pm

Hi guys been playing around trying to get the different start up icons for a vz dash and I don't know if others know but I have tracked it down to byte 162.
00=holden
01=hsv
02=chev
03=csv
04=Pontiac
still looking to try and get custom text happening next.
hope that's helpful for everyone.
custom text done now need to work out how to change from 1 lcd to the 3 lcd on?
Last edited by riddler2608 on Fri May 10, 2013 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
riddler2608
Starting Ignition

Postby riddler2608 » Fri May 10, 2013 6:29 pm

here is another cluster bin for a vz 6L man thunder ute
riddler2608
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Sat May 11, 2013 10:46 am

riddler2608 wrote:Hi guys been playing around trying to get the different start up icons for a vz dash and I don't know if others know but I have tracked it down to byte 162.
00=holden
01=hsv
02=chev
03=csv
04=Pontiac
still looking to try and get custom text happening next.
hope that's helpful for everyone.
custom text done now need to work out how to change from 1 lcd to the 3 lcd on?

Nice work, think the custom text locations and that were found in the attached doco.

Changing from 1lcd to 3lcd. Do you mean soldering the additional lcd's to the board then enabling them? Or just simply being able to disable the left and right lcd's?
TazzI

Next

Return to GM Technical Document Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts