Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

GM Technical Document Discussion

PUBLIC: Holden VY/VZ Instrument Cluster EEPROM Programming

A place to discuss the technical documents for GM vehicles such as Holden, Chevrolet, Opel, Vauxhall, Buick, Cadilac and Daewoo
Forum rules
To gain access to the Invite Only forum you must be invited by a member of that forum. That member will PM the mods or admins (NOT you) saying that they nominate you for access. THEY will be responsible for your actions. If you don't post and just leech info, you will BOTH be removed. Dont send a PM to the moderators or admins asking for access, you really dont want to see the result. If you submit information, you may simply be invited :)

Postby riddler2608 » Sat May 11, 2013 12:59 pm

As im only running on a old xls file and the public forum there was a bit to still work out .
No it was more editing the hex to enable them as the original hex dump that im going off was only a single lcd and I am upgrading to a lvl 3 cluster but it only sees it as a single and the other 2 lcd are blank.
just been doing lots of cross referencing and trial and error between the couple of bins that I have.
if anyone has a idea of location or if there is one that would be much appreciated ;)
riddler2608
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Sat May 11, 2013 1:32 pm

Ah I see, what happened to the original .bin of the 3lcd cluster (guessing its a Calais or berlina?)

Writing a single LCD cluster .bin to a triple will disable the left and right screens as those display options are turned off.
Never looked for that option as I didnt think anyone would want to disable the lcd's.
TazzI

Postby riddler2608 » Sat May 11, 2013 1:50 pm

yes I have the old 3 lcd bin but it was for a v6 auto berlina sedan and im putting it a v8 manual ss ute so I thought it would be easier to mod the original ute bin (for fuel and speedo and all the corrections).just need to find out the location or locations to turn them on.
riddler2608
Starting Ignition

Postby riddler2608 » Sat May 11, 2013 2:56 pm

crap is there anyone around Brisbane with a tech2 to clear a air bag fault wasn't thinking and changed it so now has a fault :(
riddler2608
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Sat May 11, 2013 5:40 pm

riddler2608 wrote:crap is there anyone around Brisbane with a tech2 to clear a air bag fault wasn't thinking and changed it so now has a fault :(

Id suggest sticking with the original cluster settings, and modding that, as the cluster .bin holds different settings in regards to where the needs sit, and there compression ratios to suit the dial faces. (stepper motor configurations).
Just change the original's fuel config to that of the utes. To change from v6 to v8 or vise versa, youll need to change the PPK (pulse per kilometer) value, Id suggest looking for the values 200 to 300 ;) In a VZ, 200 = V6, 300 = V8.

As for the tech. Your better off buying an ALDL cable clear it. Will cost the same as getting someone to clear it.
TazzI

Postby riddler2608 » Sat May 11, 2013 6:12 pm

YES I SEE WHERE YOU ARE COMMING FROM WITH THE ORIGINAL BIN.THE ONE GOING IN MY UTE IS A BRAND NEW ONE SO ITS NEVER BEEN PROGRAMMED BEFORE AND I ASSUMED IT WOULD NEED A FULL PROGRAM .

FYI
IF YOU CHANGE LOC 0150 TO 05(IT WAS 03)IT TURNS THE OTHER 2 LCD'S ON FROM A LEVEL 1 CLUSTER.
AND ALSO WHILE I WAS PLAYING I GOT A MENU FOR BUSINESS OR PERSONEL KLM I THOUGHT IT WAS UNUSUAL TO HAVE.ALSO POS 0161 SETS THE AUTO GEAR SELECTOR 00IS OFF AND 01 IS TO DISPLAY (IE P D N R )

I HAVE BEEN MEANING TO GET A CABLE I TRIED TO CLEAR IT WITH MY SCANGAGE BUT IT DOESNT SEE A FAULT.
riddler2608
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Sat May 11, 2013 7:17 pm

A new cluster does need to be reprogrammed. Otherwise itll just display the "tech2 programming required" message.
Generally I find it easiest writing a "valid" dump to the cluster that way everything works, then just reconfigure from there.

What were the business and personal klms exactly? Just different trip meters that can be reset?

Nice find on the auto/manual selection. Can get the gear change indicator when changing gears for autos and manuals by increasing that location some more.

Depending on what the airbag fault is.. some scantools dont pick it up eg Incorrect airbag config in cluster
TazzI

Postby riddler2608 » Sat May 11, 2013 9:17 pm

Yes i might just dump the old cluster bin on it as they are both 260k ones.
So does that gear icons work for manuals? How does it know what gear you are in?
The business \personal thing i think it is just a trip meters .it was on the last line of hex ,might have a bit more of a play.
riddler2608
Starting Ignition

Postby jezzab » Sat May 11, 2013 9:48 pm

The business and personal km will be Telematics. the VEs do it too (if enabled). You select when it starts up.
Daily Ute - 2009 Holden VE SSV Ute Single Turbo (IQ, E3 Cluster, EDI) - 586rwhp
Drag Ute - 2002 Holden VU SS Twin Turbo - 1010rwhp [SOLD]

All VE/VF Module reprogramming. Remote programming with flash box
http://www.facebook.com/jsbperformance
jezzab
Site Admin

Postby TazzI » Sat May 11, 2013 9:57 pm

The gear indicator does work on manuals, just displays the current gear on the LCD when changing.

Not often you'd need two trip computers but still good.
TazzI

PreviousNext

Return to GM Technical Document Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts