Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

GM Technical Document Discussion

Software On ELM Street - OBD2 Software Development

A place to discuss the technical documents for GM vehicles such as Holden, Chevrolet, Opel, Vauxhall, Buick, Cadilac and Daewoo
Forum rules
To gain access to the Invite Only forum you must be invited by a member of that forum. That member will PM the mods or admins (NOT you) saying that they nominate you for access. THEY will be responsible for your actions. If you don't post and just leech info, you will BOTH be removed. Dont send a PM to the moderators or admins asking for access, you really dont want to see the result. If you submit information, you may simply be invited :)

Postby jezzab » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:08 am

Y cable and Tech2/HPTuners/EFILive and log ;)
Thats all im gonna say.........
Daily Ute - 2009 Holden VE SSV Ute Single Turbo (IQ, E3 Cluster, EDI) - 586rwhp
Drag Ute - 2002 Holden VU SS Twin Turbo - 1010rwhp [SOLD]

All VE/VF Module reprogramming. Remote programming with flash box
http://www.facebook.com/jsbperformance
jezzab
Site Admin

Postby TazzI » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:28 am

Well.. I have all of the above :D ... minus the elm lol.

But the problem is that the elm supports the 4xVPW protocol, But only supports 8byte Tx..which sucks. Whereas the OBDlink supports huge Rx and TX buffer, but doesnt have the 4xVPW enabled. It can be enabled for the "right price", I did read up mention of a beta firmware version that scantool.net sent to eager people.. and Now Im thinking thats what the trifecta guys are using.

Im about ready to kick gm in the face, Of course GM doesnt support the standard 0902 for VIN request. We must use:
Send: $6C,$10,$F1,$3C,$01
Recv: $6C,$F1,$10,$7C,$01,[VIN segment 1 data]
Send: $6C,$10,$F1,$3C,$02
Recv: $6C,$F1,$10,$7C,$02,[VIN segment 2 data]
Send: $6C,$10,$F1,$3C,$03
Recv: $6C,$F1,$10,$7C,$03,[VIN segment 3 data]
TazzI

Postby gruntly69 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:52 pm

Last time I flashed in a tune for mace to test on dyno that was from trifecta the dongle looked & lit up exactly like my tactrix cable I bought for EVO & subi flashing!

But saying that it was a few years ago!
gruntly69
Contributor

Postby doubledip » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:46 pm

Yep tactrix is the official "tuners" programming cable. But is expensive

The other cheaply cable is offered by mace to do remote flashing
doubledip

Postby TazzI » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:33 am

Not a whole lot of info out there on the cable mace has. Might be the same as the tactix cable.
Seems mace has some software laying around as well..... And it worries me that its exactly the same as the trifecta software... did they just simply edit the resources and change the logo :o

The about tab still displays trifecta.. So maybe they made a little deal and use the same cable.

Emailed the boys at scantool.net about this "beta" firmware for the obdlink to use 4x VPW. I have a funny feeling this is what these tuning guys have acquired for the cable. And that there is a cost to get this beta firmware. Eh.. will find out soon enough.

Have redone the VIN section and also the "monitor chatter" section. App will no longer timeout when monitoring traffic if quiet. And vin function uses the new changes. Slowly but surely getting there!

Next on the list, Add OSID, PCM# and then move back to the PIDs and Fault codes.. Assuming that GM sticks to the standard pids for those!.. Which Im beginning to doubt!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TazzI

Postby doubledip » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:02 am

Mace software is trifectas. He just does Mail order stuff. Vince mods files and sends them over. Castle hill have software as well but have editor as well. So the tune it them selves
doubledip

Postby TazzI » Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:02 pm

Ah alright, cool how such small software can do such a massive change with the right hardware. Wouldnt mind picking up a valid tune file somewhere to tinker with. See whats going on.

Grunt found that the alloytec E55 pcm is on CAN11 (is this v6 or v8 pcm?). Doesnt seem to have anything being sent on 29bit. Although that could be used purely for diagnostic purposes? Wont know till I hook the tech2 up.

We also seem to keep getting "<Error" messages when receiving can frames. Seems they occur due to an invalid formatting received that the elm doesnt like. So will turn that off after hearing back on the latest updates.

Looks like buffer gets full pretty damn quickly, so a filter is a must have.. will just need to know what 11bit header we want to watch.
For the time being, the software will just keep resetting the chatter function when buffer is full.
TazzI

Postby doubledip » Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:19 pm

yep as Jezza said previously 29bit more diagnostics... 11bit is programming modules
doubledip

Postby gruntly69 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:37 pm

OK so I'm a newbie to OBDII I have specific tools for it & they work so haven't bothered checking on it!!!

But when I logged the data or fault codes CAN29 didn't see anything, but CAN11 did so not sure how that works into equation?

Interesting about the tactrix cable & yeah what you heard I believe is to be correct & why I wouldn't do it with flashing in what someone else has doen & having no control over it, sounds like Castle Hill has there stuff together but I wonder how close there working with MACE as they wanted sole rights in AUS! (maybe a little wheeling & dealing going on!)

But if the software can filter out buffer full message & re-start with elm would be good but who knows what data you miss, maybe it better going to a more reliable hardware?

All food for thought!
gruntly69
Contributor

Postby doubledip » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:39 pm

castle hill and mace don't work together at all...

know that for a fact :)

vince sends mace tunes as far as I know for mail order type scenario...

where as dale tunes them himself and only needs vince when a new os is found
doubledip

PreviousNext

Return to GM Technical Document Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts