Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

GM Technical Document Discussion

BCM, PIM, ECU Linking Problems

A place to discuss the technical documents for GM vehicles such as Holden, Chevrolet, Opel, Vauxhall, Buick, Cadilac and Daewoo
Forum rules
To gain access to the Invite Only forum you must be invited by a member of that forum. That member will PM the mods or admins (NOT you) saying that they nominate you for access. THEY will be responsible for your actions. If you don't post and just leech info, you will BOTH be removed. Dont send a PM to the moderators or admins asking for access, you really dont want to see the result. If you submit information, you may simply be invited :)

Postby IL1CIT » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:11 pm

I have a GQ-4x would i be able to extract the code with the right know how?
IL1CIT
Starting Ignition

Postby LangasLS » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:55 am

Yep, you should be able to get the security code out of the PIM reading the eeprom. Just remember to byte swap the dump - I didn't and it caused me to scratch my head for a while!
LangasLS
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:00 pm

IL1CIT wrote:I have a GQ-4x would i be able to extract the code with the right know how?

LangasLS wrote:Yep, you should be able to get the security code out of the PIM reading the eeprom. Just remember to byte swap the dump - I didn't and it caused me to scratch my head for a while!

Spot on ;)

Hopefully youve got the ECU sorted out as well.

Unfortunately I know sweet shit all about the ess (HSV security) module. Iv got one here and all the damn wires are all black so dont even know how to hook it up.
TazzI

Postby IL1CIT » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:53 pm

I'm a'bit behind with all the programming side was getting into it a year or two ago but have gone cold with it all and I have a terrible memory so I best be reading up on how to byte swap and also order myself a new eeprom clip as i've broken 2 now :(

Yeah could you possibly upload a photo of the ess module they guy who owns the car doesn't think he has one and cant find any photos of one to show him.

Three other auto elecs have been stumped by this car but don't want it to beat me :twisted:

Thanks guys!
IL1CIT
Starting Ignition

Postby LangasLS » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:20 am

Put it this way - its a dash out job to get to the ISS module.

What sort of car is it? Was it a V6 originally?
LangasLS
Starting Ignition

Postby IL1CIT » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:29 am

Was a v6 but swapped out the loom for a hsv maloo loom,

Bad move there I think on his behalf
IL1CIT
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:32 pm

LangasLS wrote:Put it this way - its a dash out job to get to the ISS module.

What sort of car is it? Was it a V6 originally?

I cant find a single shred of information about the stupid module. Ill have to trace back the PCB to work out what wire does what.

Either that, you Id need to have the harness infront of me, to trace back where each goes and look them up on the required modules.

Id assume it hooks into the ECU or something.. and injects the infamous security code
TazzI

Postby LangasLS » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:47 pm

I pulled apart a VT S2 ISS module - it was basically just a micro controller and a relay. It is possible to just bridge the contacts out on the relay so the thing doesn't do squat....I'm assuming they still use a similar setup with the VZ.

Personally, I would have used his original PIM, BCM and key fob, then just linked the V8 PCM to it and changed the config of the PIM to 6L, Auto etc.

If the BCM and the key head are happy, the ISS module should be happy and not cause any grief.
LangasLS
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:07 pm

LangasLS wrote:I pulled apart a VT S2 ISS module - it was basically just a micro controller and a relay. It is possible to just bridge the contacts out on the relay so the thing doesn't do squat....I'm assuming they still use a similar setup with the VZ.

Personally, I would have used his original PIM, BCM and key fob, then just linked the V8 PCM to it and changed the config of the PIM to 6L, Auto etc.

If the BCM and the key head are happy, the ISS module should be happy and not cause any grief.

Yeah thats what I mean. The micro must hook into the CAN or VPW line to confirm security before.

Ill pull this one apart again later and grab some pics
TazzI

Postby IL1CIT » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:50 pm

The guy couldnt keep his original BCM + Key as he wanted to upgrade to climate so went to a Lux BCM,

So he purchased a hsv loom (ess) , pim, ecu, ecm and engine from a wrecker but the wrecker didn't have a matching BCM so he purchased a non matching BCM and key (But with no BCM code or VIN!!)

Becoming a major headf%$k when this guy thinks he knows what he is on about :evil:

Will have to show him the ess photo as he has no clue if he fitted it

Would be good if we could bypass the ess that's for sure so we will see :)
IL1CIT
Starting Ignition

PreviousNext

Return to GM Technical Document Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts