Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

GM Technical Document Discussion

VE Instrument Cluster EEPROM Programming

A place to discuss the technical documents for GM vehicles such as Holden, Chevrolet, Opel, Vauxhall, Buick, Cadilac and Daewoo
Forum rules
To gain access to the Invite Only forum you must be invited by a member of that forum. That member will PM the mods or admins (NOT you) saying that they nominate you for access. THEY will be responsible for your actions. If you don't post and just leech info, you will BOTH be removed. Dont send a PM to the moderators or admins asking for access, you really dont want to see the result. If you submit information, you may simply be invited :)

Postby parmoda » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:52 pm

hi just question to ZERO..
any update about the instrument cluster programing for ve commodore SS 2011 2012 comes with the black cover at the back of it
cheers mate i will be waiting any updated happy news
parmoda
Kicking Tyres

Postby parmoda » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:57 pm

black plastic cover i think its bit hard wish can found any information
parmoda
Kicking Tyres

Postby aumatt » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:48 pm

Does anyone know where I can source a plug for the VE cluster, finally got off my bum and bought a cluster and want to setup my test bench.

Thanks
Matt
aumatt
Starting Ignition

Postby ZerOne » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:11 am

Hi Parmoda,

Jezzab has worked out how to get the Black Cover clusters working in any VE,
(Just have a look at his posts a few pages back).
The EEPROM format for these clusters is completely different to the earlier models,
and the higher spec clusters have a different size EEPROM, (The dump from the HSV EEPROM is bigger than the standard clusters from memory).

So there is a lot more to do for these clusters, unfortunately cheap ones are rare on eBay, so it makes
buying one for testing a bit hard. (Im doing this for fun, not for profit, so I have to be careful where every dollar goes).

AUMatt, Try cutting a floppy drive cable connector to size.
(I haven't seen these connectors on any early models, so I dont think pick and payless / pick a part will be of any help).
WIth the early VE Clusters, with the help of MartinM, MsEnj and Jezzab, We have worked out th ODO, and what memory locations need to be copied to get a cluster working in another commodore.
To be honest, we dont know what these locations do exactly, but we know that setting them gets things happening.
What we really need now is more EEPROM dumps from 6Cyl models, (Eg SV6 Auto, SV6 Man, Omega Manual),
So as we can get the values from these models, and have a list of values you can plug in to a stock EEPROM to get things working.
ZerOne
Site Admin

Postby jezzab » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:14 am

I can't take all the credit Zerone. It was it was late nights of interstate MSN and hex editors between doubledip and I with retro fitting into the early models.

Aumatt you can cut down an IDE connector, etc.

The ODO in the new ones is still a mystery. I can copy the segment and checksum but not work out the algorithum. It definitely cross checks itself. Fitting say an E3 dash to a newer model is ok because you can duplicate the odo but earlier models you cant use the same odo segment because it's different, so you have to program it with tech 2.

I've also made changes any they have worked, put the same bin back in later and it won't. The cap on the board seems to hold a bit of power and keep the settings in ram I think.

The new clusters can only have their km programmed once from new via tech 2.
Daily Ute - 2009 Holden VE SSV Ute Single Turbo (IQ, E3 Cluster, EDI) - 586rwhp
Drag Ute - 2002 Holden VU SS Twin Turbo - 1010rwhp [SOLD]

All VE/VF Module reprogramming. Remote programming with flash box
http://www.facebook.com/jsbperformance
jezzab
Site Admin

Postby aumatt » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:06 am

Thanks guys, once I get my cluster I'll dump and post.

Ill have a look at the odo once I get mine.

Matt
aumatt
Starting Ignition

Postby slicvic » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:00 am

hey guys if it helps i have a dump of a ve s2 brand new cluster and a used one that has done around 190000km
just dont know how attach them to this post

Victor
slicvic
Newbie Modder

Postby AndreasB » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:58 pm

Hi all, I've just tried to install a bit of a frankenstein cluster into my 2008 VE SSV ute. I started with a white backed Berlina triple LCD cluster. Managed to find a HSV fascia so I pulled the Belina cluster apart to make a fake HSV one. I changed all the green LED's over to white and red ones no problems. I used the needles from the SSV cluster as they appear to be the same, all looks and works great up to here.

Finally I read in the eprom from my SSV cluster (both clusters are white backed Arrow units btw) and the Belina cluster and made changes to the Berlina cluster as per the how to guide on this site (excellent guides!).

I've managed to get the ODO to match my old ODO and the VIN works, but I keep getting an ABS and traction control fault. I've tried copying hex locations 327 and 34C-34D but it made no difference.

I've now flashed the eprom about 20 times so far with different combos but nothing seems to work.

Finally I decided to flash the Berlina eprom with my SSV dump totally unchanged, which meant the triple LCD's didn't work, but its still faulted on the ABS and traction control, wtf?!?

Any ideas?

Thanks for any help!

Cheers Dre
AndreasB
Starting Ignition

Postby doubledip » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:44 pm

what year model is car.... you are playing round with a white backed dash.. what was original dash white or black?
doubledip

Postby AndreasB » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:07 pm

Gday mate, the car is a 2008 model which has a white cluster, the cluster im trying to fit is also a white one. Yesterday I tried a couple more combinations of settings but no go. Its got me stumped.
AndreasB
Starting Ignition

PreviousNext

Return to GM Technical Document Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts