Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Ford Technical Document Discussion

EB running gear into 84 F100, now need to wire speedo

A pace to discuss the technical documents for Ford vehicles from around the world

Postby effer » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:13 am

I have fitted the multipoint engine and 4 speed auto from a EB falcon into a Bronco shaped F100, I have it all wired and running fine apart from the speedo not working and subsequent fail safe mode of the transmission.

I have used the engine and computer harness from the donor EB, and its the one with the separate trans computer (late EA, early EB), when I removed the wiring harness from the donor car I did not take the dash wiring, I just unplugged the the plugs at the kick panels and took the engine wiring up to the computers as I had no need for the other EB features, the harness has been trimmed of all the headlight, horn, washers wipers etc and grafted into the F100 wiring, I do have some wires left over but they are for the power/econ light and tach wire, which I am not using at the moment.

This was ok to wire the motor up and get it all running, which it does fine, but I am now stuck with the electronic speedo wiring.

I removed the cluster from the EB and have taken the speedo head out, also removing the small plug with 4 thin wires (red, white, green and black ), I have wired the red 5v line, the white signal and the black ground wires into the harness where they belong, but I cant find any reference to what the green wire connects to, as this is from the wiring for the cluster not the vehicle, I have tried to find it in the wiring diagrams I have, also on this forum but there is no reference to it, I think it goes to something inside the cluster first, then changes colour on the plug, if I can find the colour code of what it is supposed to be connected to I might finally have a trans that will shift 8-) ?

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers
effer
Newbie Modder

Return to Ford Technical Document Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts