Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

The Geek Forums

What are you working on?

Release your inner geek. Discuss computers, programming, games consoles, Linux, Apple, and any other closet fetishes you may have

Postby Zeeko » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:44 pm

Just thought I would start a thread for all us 'fidgets' to briefly detail what our little projects are that are off topic from the usual sections.

I'll start:

1. I'm currently commisioned from some of the guys I used to serve with for a cheap/disposable wireless sensor array for use in securing a location overnight. So far I am at the stage of getting 12 ATMEGA16s with either motion or trip wire swtiches talking over RF modules to a host Arduino.

2. Aerial Photography quadcopter and hexacopter. The quad for GoPro 3 with 2 axis brushless gimbals and hex for DSLR and 3 axis brushless gimbal. Damn the seemingly endless cycle of choosing ESC/battery/motor/prop combinations!

3. 'personal massager' that doesnt require batteries - much like the shaker tourches at Jaycar :lol:

4. Scratch built 3 axis CNC

5. 0.2mm feed 3D printer

6 Getting my Panasonic Toughbook finally squared away with all the hardware programming stuff I want and organizing it all using a Port Replicator so everything in my feild kit is one plug away, no longer USB cable detangling! Also upgrading the GOBI GPS to something a little more accurate with a UBLOX.

There's a heap more but I think that shall do for now (number 3 isn't a joke either lol)
Zeeko
Starting Ignition

Postby gsuggett » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:06 pm

Im being a bum mostly now. I live in the US in the great state of Illinois (sarcasm) so it is a pain to get parts for my car. I mostly go a beg people to ship me stuff so at the moment I am trying to do these things in no particular order...

Wiring harness for 6 speed manual out of a VE something or another...

Get a few small pieces to complete my center console...

Learn more about everything!!!

Waiting for Every color 2 post LED to show so I can start messing with the cluster color.

I am out of town working on towers so I am trying not to lose my mind until I get home.

As you said there are a million other things that I would like to be doing but those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head since it is 10:00 pm here in Ohio.

Once I am home I will try and enjoy my time with my girlfriend and our evil puppy and I will be happy!

Sounds like you have more cool stuff going on than I do Zeeko. My excitement tomorrow is going to be chasing off animals so we can lower a Meteorological Tower to replace instruments and after that not too much till I get home.
gsuggett
Starting Ignition

Postby velj » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:40 pm

I am making a 2 and a 3 way auto switching modules
So u can have on the 2 way
Auto reverse switcher! When selecting reverse the reverse camera will come on screen then when put back into drive what ever else is in the other RCA is shown on the screen! The 2 way is easy to do and is basically done

Doing the 3 way now same as the 2 way but if you manually press a button it will switch from the main drive RCA to front camera!!!!!
So basically you have reverse! Standard RCA! For iPhone etc, then front camera :)

Also have a replica shelby cobra project me and dad are working on 95% complete
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377870008.846504.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377870027.284707.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377870036.167743.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
velj
Starting Ignition

Postby Maritex » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:19 am

welcome

Fantastic render and serious projects you have going there. Who is your builder? They look like a good mate to have

What PHL drivers are you using for your TMW? Looks like a cool project.
Maritex
Newbie Modder

Return to The Geek Forums

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts