Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

FG Falcon Instrument Cluster EEPROM Programming

Specific interior modification information for Ford FG Series Falcons and FPV models.

Postby TazzI » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:13 pm

I think it's compatible except the FG use mid can (33.33) thus errors pop on the dash. Well.. So the forums say.

If that's the case. Will assume te pinout is the same
TazzI

Postby aumatt » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:31 am

Ill be home in a few days and I'll post the pin out, the FG is slightly different to the B series. Yes the cluster uses Mid Can for Diag and High for other data. I have communicated with the FG clusters using Mid CAN and one of the STM chipped scantool. The early ELM's I have dont work.

What I would love , if someone can help with it is a program that will simulate Engine RPM broadcasts.

Matt
aumatt
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:41 pm

Hmmm.. Well I guess I'll have to have two elms monitoring the bus on both mid and high can.
I'm also assuming they use 11bit can?

ELMS can be used to communicate over mid can with a bit of modification. Although this is a bit if a hack and a true mid can transceiver should be used on a custom board.

Emulate RPM broadcasts... Easy as!! Just need to get a raw chatter log from the car.

I reckon it will be CAN high that will have this info since it would need to be broadcasted quickly and often.
TazzI

Postby TazzI » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:13 pm

Tried contacting the Motorcraft company. Said I was from the USA when it asks for the "Location" as I could see them imply ignoring the rest of the world as techincally they say they only help "USA and Canada".

Seems they must have checked my IP and saw it was Aus as their answer simply was:

You have reached the North American Support for the Motorcraftservice.com website. Our products and support are only available for customers residing within the continental United States and Canada.

Wankers... absolutely useless. Why would they let their programming service support our vehicles yet refuse to answer a simple question. A simple Yes/No answer would have been enough.
It would have taken longer to check the IP then it would have to just answer back.

*grumble grumble grumble*
TazzI

Postby TazzI » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:39 pm

In attempt for getting ready to start messing with mid can and a variety of other protocols.. Iv put together a little custom shield.

The boards setup supports normal CAN, Mid CAN, ALDL, VPW and PWM. 8-)
The only protocol I need to type up some firmware for is PWM.. but documentation shows thats much easier than VPW.

For anyone wondering why its that shape. Its so it fits into an OBD2 plug nice and snug andl I couldnt be bothered doing curves around the screw points :D
I think I can comfortably say Im once and for all ready for any protocol.
TazzI

Postby TazzI » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:07 pm

Rerouter wrote:Attached is an eeprom dump that i helped someone set in the past, this is the original,

Also searching around, it seems that the FG is electrically compatible with the BF, how far i cannot say

Edit: dont know why but i cannot upload the file, either on its own or in a zip....

Rerouter, Im getting the same tourbles here and cant upload anything to carmodder. Ill let the admins known to resolve the issue.

Iv got a FG cluster here that Im about the crack open. Will post the eeprom dump shortly. (will be a link).
TazzI

Postby TazzI » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:06 pm

After a TONNE of fucking around, Iv finally got the unit powered up.

The BA/BF arent really wiring compatible... its actually just a coincidence that the FG powers up in them.

So, the constant power and ignition wires are the same. But the ground is not.
The ground is actually on pin 1. And on the BA/BF schematic, this is the -ve for the illumination! So thats a grounding.
TazzI

Postby TazzI » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:50 pm

Soo whats on the board exactly:
2x TJA1040 CAN Tranceivers
2x ULN2003AG transistors
1x NEC D70F3421GJ(A) 0747KE003
And a lovely (HIDDEN!) 24c04wp kb12w EEPROM.

And a few other bits and bobs
TazzI

Postby TazzI » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:41 pm

Attached is our first FG dump.
Download Here

Its is from:
Ford Falcon FG XR turbo sedan auto instrument cluster 99128klm.
8R29 10849 DA
A2C53243650
SW: 0303081 21/2/2008 11:2 0000
HW: 10 EE 0.03 CI 00
TazzI

Postby TazzI » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:43 pm

Pretty sure I see the vin.. twice.. in the dump. I really do believe that only this needs to be reprogrammed. Although read something about the key FOB security values that need to be matched.

Might need to ask a ford person to look this car piece up maybe? Or see what IDS makes of it?
TazzI

PreviousNext

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts